Tuesday, February 6, 2018

The End of an Era, and the Beginning of an Epoch

Well kids, I no longer work at the AA. I started in 1996 as a temp, after finishing my degree, and trudged on through all the years in between, until I reached now.

In a possibly foolhardy attempt to try something both different and yet the same, I have decided to set myself up as a freelance editorial chap, and see what the world of random word work offers me. Early days yet, - I've only been redundant for 1 and a bit working days - but it does feel quite daunting.

I've got a Reedsy profile: https://reedsy.com/jim-barker - because I want to help people with their books.
and a linkedin profile because other work: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jim-barker-editorial-services/

I'm also writing a novel about an investigative archivist, which is called Archiving The Beast, and working on flash fiction and short stories to get some practice in actually writing things.

Wish me luck, and I'll keep you posted on what goes on.

2 comments:

The Giant Gila Monster (1959)

Although this is a very low budget 1950s monster movie with laughable special effects and some hokey acting, The Giant Gila Monster i...